Summer Vacation Packing Tips
With summer upon us many of us start heading outdoors on vacation to soak up the sun and enjoy the long days. When starting pack for a trip it can get overwhelming thinking of everything you will need to bring with you. Especially if you are packing for the family. You want to make sure you are prepared so you can start enjoying your trip right away and don’t have to worry about what you forgot. We’ve compiled the following packing tips to help you ease the burden of packing and start enjoying your vacation sooner.
- Make a List: This will help you stay organized and wrap your head around everything your family needs before you start putting everything in the suitcase.
- Morning, Noon & Night: Think about activities you plan to do each day and make sure you have the essentials for each activity.
- Outdoor Exploring: If you’re spending a lot of time outdoors, make sure your skin is protected from bug bites. Use a bug repellent on yourself and your kids, like Natrapel Tick & Insect Repellent, to ward off mosquitoes and ticks during your outdoor adventures.
- Beach Time: Bring a hat and extra sunscreen in your beach bag so you can reapply after swimming or sweating to prevent sunburn.
- Re-purpose: Are there items/accessories you can use for more than one outfit or activity? This will save space in your suitcase. If you’re traveling with the whole family, bring just 1-2 bottles of sunblock and bug spray that everyone can share.
- Medicine, After-Sun and After Bite: Too much time in the sun and outdoors may result in headaches, sunburn or bug bites. Pack essentials like ibuprofen, After Bite and The Itch Eraser to care for irritation from mosquito bites, rashes or sunburn.
- Layers: Even though the days may be hot, bring a light sweater for everyone in your family in case of cool nighttime temperatures or high-powered air conditioning.
- Prepare for the Return Trip: Throwing in extra plastic bags or pouches will make packing for the return trip easier so you can separate dirty laundry and shoes from clean items in your suitcase.